Saturday, November 2, 2013

Book Review for I HUNT KILLERS AND GAME by Barry Lyga

I probably shouldn't do both at the same time, but I am going to any way!  Happy Reading!

 Pictures taken from Goodreads

Descriptions from Goodreads:


1st I Hunt Killers
Jasper "Jazz" Dent is a likable teenager. A charmer, one might say.

But he's also the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, Take Your Son to Work Day was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could—from the criminal's point of view.

And now bodies are piling up in Lobo's Nod.

In an effort to clear his name, Jazz joins the police in a hunt for a new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret—could he be more like his father than anyone knows?

2nd Game
I Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jasper (Jazz) Dent, the son of the world's most infamous serial killer.

When a desperate New York City detective comes knocking on Jazz's door asking for help with a new case, Jazz can't say no. The Hat-Dog Killer has the Big Apple--and its police force running scared with no leads. So Jazz and his girlfriend Connie hop on a plane to the big city and get swept up in a killer's murderous game.

Meanwhile, Jazz's dad Billy is watching...and waiting.

========================================================

My Review:

I LOVED I Hunt Killers!!!  Jazz is a fascinating character!  He grabbed me right away and made me want to understand his sad, and dark twisted life!  I cannot imagine what it was like for him to grow up with a serial killer for a father (yes, I know it is just a book....but still the whole idea is a little creepy), and still turn out okay...so far!!!  

The story was great from the beginning until the end!  I found myself saying things like "don't go in there" ...like you would in a scary movie!  It was quite entertaining!  Or "HELLO".....as in "do not look in that (whatever)"!  It was great!  

I enjoyed the way this book was written, and couldn't wait to start the next book in the Jasper Dent series!!!

Source:  I bought this book from Amazon, but I am not affiliated with them in anyway!  This review is my own PERSONAL review!

I would recommend this book to those who like suspense and intrigue!  It was fascinating!  It does have some sexual innuendo, but was pretty clean for the kind of book it is!

My Rating:
I have I Hunt Killers 5 out of 5 *****
==============================================
My Review of Game

I really enjoyed this book!  It does get a little darker, and more twisty in this book!    There is a lot of sexual innuendo, and making out sessions in this book!  So beware if you are letting a "younger" reader read this.  On that note, for me it was awesome!  I find myself oddly attached to Jazz's character!  I don't know if it's just the total fascination about his hard life that makes me want to keep reading, or the fact that I am rooting for a serial killers son!  Strange?  Yes!

I found myself really loving his hemophiliac, best friend Howie even more in this book!  We also get introduced to a few new serial killers in this book, that are far more disturbing to me than Jazz's father!  

The whole idea of reading about a serial killer is hard anyway, because those are things that happen in real life, but this story is told really well!

The only problem I had with this book is how sexually charged it was, and it gets a little more graphic than the first book.  I personally don't have a problem with the way it was written, but reviewing it I feel a need to let others know that it gets more intense with everything in the second book!  

I did love it though!  Not as much as the first book, but enough that I couldn't' put it down!  I cannot wait for the next one!

Source:  I bought this book of Amazon, but I am not affiliated with them in any way, this is my PERSONAL review!

My Rating:

I gave Game 4 out of 5 ****
(only because the content is more adult in this one)

==================================================

Don't forget to enter the giveways on the blog either!  You can go here and sign up for a signed copy of All The Difference by A.J. Baczek!

You can go here to enter the Flash Book Blast - Order of the Seers, by Cerece Rennie Murphy giveaway.

or

You can go here to enter the Excerpt Tour for Dead Dreams by Emma Right giveaway!  

1 comment:

  1. I much preferred the first book over the second because it felt better thought-out and the three cliffhangers in book two didn't sit well with me, but this series as a whole is just great. I listened to both on audio, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete